Maintain your central air conditioner
Your central air conditioner will use more energy than necessary if it is not properly maintained. In addition to saving energy, maintaining your air conditioner will help the system last longer.
Central Air Conditioning Tune-Ups
Keep your central AC system running at peak performance by having a contractor perform an annual tune-up. Tune-ups can help you:
- Save money on your monthly electricity bill
- Improve the efficiency of your air conditioner
- Achieve better humidity control
- Prevent costly repairs
Do it yourself
- Regularly check your filter. Check your air filter once a month and clean or replace it as needed. A dirty or clogged filter makes your air conditioner work harder. Lower your air conditioner's energy consumption by 5% to 15% by replacing a dirty filter.
- Clear the nearby area of debris. If your air conditioning unit is outdoors, be sure to remove any nearby dirt, leaves, weeds or debris on a regular basis. Trim foliage back at least three feet from the unit to allow for adequate airflow.