Install an ENERGY STAR smart thermostat
Why a ENERGY STAR®
smart thermostat? A smart thermostat is a Wi-Fi enabled device that automatically adjusts heating and cooling temperature settings in your home for optimal performance.
Smart thermostats that earn the ENERGY STAR label have been independently certified, based on actual field data, to deliver energy savings.
While system designs may vary, common smart thermostat features include:
- Many smart thermostats learn your temperature preferences and establish a schedule that automatically adjusts to energy-saving temperatures when you are asleep or away.
- Geofencing allows your smart thermostat to know when you're on the way home and automatically adjusts your home's temperature to your liking.
- Wi-Fi enabled thermostats allow you to control your home's heating and cooling remotely through your smartphone.
- ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats quickly enter a low-power standby mode when inactive.
- Smart thermostats provide equipment use and temperature data you can track and manage.
- Periodic software updates ensure your smart thermostat is using the latest algorithms and energy-saving features available.
For the average American household, almost half the annual energy bill goes to heating and cooling – more than $900 a year. Being smart about how you control your temperature settings will help you save money and stay comfortable in your home.