Upgrade to an ENERGY STAR certified pool pump
Pool pumps are home's second largest energy use, ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps:
- Use up to 70% less energy than standard pool pumps
- Save you $290 -$350 per year in energy bills
- Run quieter and prolong the life of your pool's filtering system
How it works:
ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps optimize energy use while also keeping your pool clean and comfortable, which makes them more energy efficient. What to look for:
- The right size pump. The larger the pump, the greater your energy and maintenance costs. Use the smallest size pump possible for your swimming pool. To choose the right size pump, consult a pool supplier's design chart to match the hydraulic characteristics of the pump to both the piping and the pool's flow characteristics. Consult a pool supplier or installer for help.
- A daily or seasonal timer. Most pool pumps come with a programmable timer. Schedule your pumping according to your needs. Seasonal timers automatically adjust your pump run time to match the needs of your pool throughout the year.
- Rebate on in-ground ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps only.